- Preparation of graphene oxide and graphene platelets and graphene-chitosan composite.
- Design and synthesis of LNA modified molecular beacon oligonucleotide probes (LNA-MB) with attached energy-transfer enhancement moieties for sensitive electrochemical detection of DNA targets (bacterial and/or viral genomes) on a graphene sensor.
- Functionalization of graphene for homogenous covalent grafting of receptor/detector nanostructures (MBs, enzymes).
- Modification of graphene surface/composition by doping methods (N-doping, metals, etc.) for signal enhancement.
- Development of graphene-chitosan composite ink for low-cost fabrication of biosensors using ultrasonic printing of electrical circuits.
- Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, field-effect transistor and/or cyclic voltammetry for sensitive detection of target analyte on graphene biosensors.
- Development of low-cost polymeric and/or paper supports for fabrication of graphene based electrochemical sensors as part of a lab-on-a-chip system or microfluidic device.
- Design of a diagnostic platform based on developed graphene biosensors.
- Evaluation of clinical performance of developed DNA and glucose biosensors.
The tasks are executed by particular partners of the consortium as 12 interdependent work packages.
Work Package Title
Preparation of graphene oxide and reduced graphene oxide platelets
Design and synthesis of LNA-modified molecular beacon probes
Functionalization of graphene with metal nanoparticles and heteroatoms
Functionalization of graphene with LNA-modified molecular beacons
Development of graphene-chitosan system (ink) for electrical circuit printing
Graphene-Based Bio-Field Effect Transistor (Bio-FET) as a Biosensor
Electrochemical Biosensor (ECB) - Cyclic Voltammetry CV, Differential Pulse Voltammetry DPV, Square-Wave Voltammetry SWV
Graphene-Based Impedimetric Biosensor (BI-Sensor) – Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy EIS
Synthesis of glucose oxidase-functionalized graphene
Development of polymeric and/or paper supports for electrochemical sensors
Design of a diagnostic platform based on developed graphene biosensors
Evaluation of clinical performance of developed DNA and glucose biosensors